Ingredients – Serves 1
- 200g Rib-eye steak
- 1 White onion
- 1/2 Red onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 230ml Cooking red wine
- 1 Beef stock cube
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 4 New baby potatoes
- 1/2 Green/red pepper
- 6 slices Cucumber
- 1 sliced Tomatoes/4 Cherry tomatoes
- Few leaves of Gem/Rocket/Leaf lettuce
- Dash Balsamic vinegar
- Wash potatoes skin on and put them in a pan of water, add some salt if you wish.
- Heat up a frying pan whilst chopping roughly the white onion and garlic.
- Add some olive oil to heated pan and place meat to be sealed.
- Start preparing your salad, wash/chop lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, peppers and cucumber.
- Turn over the meat, add in the chopped white onion and garlic.
- Add your bay leave and thyme.
- Finish off your salad by the time meat is sealed from both sides.
- Remove the meat from pan leaving the onions and garlic to sauté a little longer.
- Add red wine, bring to the boil and reduce by half the amount poured. Add beef stock, bring to boil and let reduce once again.
- If you’d like your meat to be cooked further, you can put it back in pan with sauce and cook to desired palate.
- Potatoes are done by now, remove water and crush them with a masher. Add some butter if you wish.