Ingredients – Serves 1
- Whole Seabream, gutted and scaled (or any other whole white fish)
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Ingredients for the Carrot Salad
- 1 carrot
- Olive oil
- 1tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 fresh ginger roughly chopped into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Bunch coriander
- 3 tbsp plain natural yogurt
- Fresh juice of 1 lemon
Method for Seabream
- Pre-heat oven on gas mark 7.
- Start preparing marination by chopping onion, garlic, tomato, basil and put all in a small bowl. Add salt, pepper, olive oil and combine well.
- Take the fish and cut 3 slices on either side of it (watch video at 2:11 to see how).
- Cut a large piece of foil and place the whole fish on it. Put the marination on top of fish and close the foil tightly (as shown in picture) Jas explains this well in video.
- Now place it on a baking tray and straight into oven. Fish is ready cooked in about 10 minutes.
Method for Carrot salad
- Prepare a small shallow pan and put it on a low heat.
- Start peeling the carrots and using the peeler continue to peel carrots as ribbons (watch video at 5:13 to see how) and place in a bowl.
- By now pan is hot enough; drizzle some olive oil, add cumin, turmeric, ginger, garlic and cinnamon. Combine gently and let them cook until all flavours are coming out.
- In the meantime chop some coriander.
- Spice mix should be ready and place it in a separate bowl to cool off.
- When mix is completely cooled, add the yogurt, lemon juice and coriander. Give it a gentle stir.
- Add yogurt mix to the carrots and gently combine everything with your hands.
- By now the fish should be ready too.