- 4 large Parsnips
- 1 Leek
- 4 Celery stalks
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 2 Onions
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Honey (we use Manuka)
- Bouquet Garni bag (or mixed herbs)
- Veg stock cube
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare a medium pan and put it on low heat, add some sunflower oil.
- Roughly chop the onions, peel garlic leaving it as whole and add them to the pan.
- Wash celery, chop ends off, roughly chop the stalks and add them to the pan.
- Take the leek, chop ends off, give it a good wash, roughly chop the rest and add to pan.
- Give all a good stir and turn heating on a medium heat.
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes and parsnip, add to pan.
- Give it another good stir and let it cook until vegetables start to soften.
- Add cinnamon, stir, add honey and stir again.
- Fill the pan with water until vegetables are all covered.
- Add veg stock and bouquet garni bag.
- Bring pan to the boil and let it simmer gently for about 20mins or until all vegetable are thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the bouquet garni bag, add butter and seasoning.
- Use a blender to turn the soup into a nice creamy puree.