Ingredients – Serves 3
- 540g (180g x serving) diced Neck of Lamb (tell the butcher to dice it for you)
- 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 4 Carrots
- 3 Potatoes skin on
- 1 Leek
- 6 Mushrooms
- A handful of frozen Garden Peas
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes (polpa)
- 1 carton Tomato juice (passata)
- 3 tbsp Tomato paste (kunserva)
- 115ml cooking Red Wine
- Fresh Rosemary and Thyme
- Sunflower Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare a large pot on high heat and add a dash of oil.
- Add the chopped lamb and give it a gentle stir. Let it cook until it gets a nice brown colour.
- Start chopping onions and carrots into large chunks. Meanwhile keep on giving the lamb a stir so it gets cooked from all sides.
- Once lamb is all brown, add onions, carrots, rosemary and thyme.
- Chop the leek and garlic into chunks and add to the pan.
- Prepare mushrooms by chopping them roughly and leave them on the side for now.
- Add the tomato paste (kunserva), give it a good stir and let it cook until it starts to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Wash potatoes and chop into chunks, leave on the side for now.
- Add the wine to the pot once tomato paste is cooked well and let it cook until reduced by half.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato juice, potatoes and give all a stir. Bring it to the boil and then leave it to simmer for 1hr – 1hr30mins. If stew gets too thick, you can add water as you go along.
- Add the mushrooms and frozen peas 10mins before stew is ready. Add some salt & pepper if you wish, bring it back to the boil and back to simmer again for about 5 mins.
- Grab a piece of your favourite bread and enjoy!