Ingredients – Serves 3
- 500g Spaghetti
- 200g smoked Salmon
- 1 large Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 115ml Double Cream
- 240ml Vodka
- Salt & Pepper
- Sunflower oil
- Prepare a medium pot full of water and turn it on a high heat. When it starts to boil, add your pasta, oil and salt. Give it a stir every now and then.
- Prepare a large frying pan on low heat and in the meantime peel and slice the onion and garlic.
- Add a dash of oil to the frying pan, add onion and garlic.
- Start slicing the salmon into long strips and add it to the pan. Leave it to cook for 10 mins.
- Add vodka to the pan and by tilting the pan slightly forward, the alcohol touches the burner and fires up the pan. Watch it on video at 7:05 for a better explanation. Please be very careful if you are trying to do this! Let it reduce by ¾ and let the flames go out by themselves, that’s the alcohol burning out and giving flavour to the dish.
- Add the cream and give it a gentle stir.
- Drain your pasta and add it to the sauce.
MMmmm I can smell it from here!! Enjoy 🙂