Ingredients – Serves 4
- 4 Brioche Buns
- 4 Shallots
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 200g a mix of Portobello Mushrooms and Wild Mushrooms (you can use any mushrooms of your preference)
- 400ml Dry white Wine
- 400ml Double Cream
- Sunflower Oil
- Fresh Thyme (you can include or leave out)
- Fresh Parsley
- Small bowl
- Large non-stick frying pan
- Shallow roasting tray
- Chopping board
- Turn the grill on.
- Cut the top bit of the brioche and remove the inside (watch video at 00:45)
- Start peeling and slicing the shallots and garlic, put them in a bowl on the side.
- Prepare a large frying pan and put it on a high heat, add some oil.
- While frying pan is heating up, start slicing the mushrooms.
- Add shallots, garlic and mushrooms to the frying pan and give them a gentle stir. Leave them to cook nicely for about 3 minutes.
- In the meantime put the brioche under the grill. Watch this carefully as it gets done really quickly, in about 30 seconds.
- Add the thyme and wine to the mushroom mixture and let it reduce by 3 quarters.
- Once the wine is reduced, add the cream and parsley to the pan. Give it a gentle stir and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Carefully fill in buns with mushroom mixture.