Ingredients (serves approx. 8-10 portions)
- 6 large Carrots
- 2 large Onions
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 3 Celery stalks
- 1 medium Leek
- 2 tsp Curry powder
- 1 Bouquet Garni or 2 tsp mixed Herbs
- 2 Vegetable Stock cubes
- 3 Bay leaves
- Fresh Thyme
- Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- Medium pot
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Hand blender
- Prepare a medium pot and put it on a medium to high heat. Add some oil.
- Start peeling and roughly cut the onions and add them to the pot.
- Peel garlic, leave it as whole and add it to the pot.
- Wash thoroughly the celery sticks and leek, roughly chop them and add to the pot as well.
- Give all a good stir and add the thyme.
- Start peeling and roughly cut the carrots. Add them to the pot and give another stir.
- Turn the heat up and leave vegetables to sweat until they soften a little bit.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, roughly chop and add to the pot – this is great to thicken the soup.
- Add the curry and give all a good stir. Add butter.
- When vegetables have softened, add cold water just until all vegetables are covered.
- Add the bouquet garni, vegetable stock cubes and bay leaves. Put the lid on, lower the heat and let it simmer gently for 30 mins. After 30 mins you should have all vegetables thoroughly cooked combined with all the flavours. Check this by inserting a fork into the potatoes or carrots (as they are the ones to take more time to cook)
- Take out the bay leaves, bouquet garni and thyme springs. You can now blend the soup to your preferred consistency.