- 4 large Parsnips
- 2 medium Onions
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 Celery stalks
- 1 Leek
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1tbsp Honey
- 1 Bouquet garni (mixed herbs)
- Vegetable stock cube
- dash of Sunflower Oil
- Prepare a medium pot on a low heat. Add a dash of oil.
- Start peeling and roughly chop the onions, celery and leek. Leave the garlic as whole. Add all veg to the pot and give it a stir. Turn the heat up and let them cook gently.
- Peel and roughly chop the parsnip. Add to the pan and give it another stir.
- Add cinnamon and honey and combine well with the rest of ingredients. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Fill up the pot with cold water, add bouquet garni and vegetable stock, cover pot and bring it to the boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for around 25 minutes.
- Remove bouquet garni and blend it with a hand mixer until it gets as smooth as you want it.