- 500g Couscous
- 450ml Water
- 50ml Olive oil
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 large Courgette
- 1 Red Pepper
- Bunch of fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Large dish
- Small saucepan
- Small plastic container
- Non-stick frying pan
- Chopping board
- Cling film
- Place couscous in a large dish and leave on the side.
- Mix the water and oil together and pour them into a small saucepan. Add vegetable cube and bring it to the boil.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Put them in a container on the side for now.
- Pour the boiling water over the couscous and give it a good stir until all water is absorbed. Cover in cling film and leave to ‘cook’ for about 12 minutes.
- Prepare a frying pan with a dash of oil on a medium-high heat.
- Wash and dice vegetables in small cubes (you can use as many a variety as you want) and add them to the onion/garlic container. Put all your chopped veg into the hot frying pan, give a stir and leave to cook until they soften.
- Roughly chop the parsley and leave it on the side for later on to sprinkle on top of the ready couscous.
- Remove the cling film from couscous dish, gently scrape the couscous and transfer it into another bigger dish. Add all of the cooked vegetables and the chopped parsley, season with some salt and pepper and give a good stir.