- Bunch of romaine lettuce
- A mix of rucola and leaf lettuce
- 1 ripe Avocado
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 tin of Cannellini beans (or any other beans you like)
- A small bunch of fresh parsley
- Olive oil
Ingredients for the dressing
- Olive oil
- Chilli oil
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch chilli powder
- 1 Garlic clove finely chopped
- A dash if white wine vinegar
- Large mixing bowl
- Plastic container
- Small bowl
- Chopping board
- Prepare a large mixing bowl. Wash and drain all of the lettuce thoroughly and place in bowl.
- Slice avocado into quarters and place in a separate container, add lemon juice so it retains its nice colour.
- Cut tomato into quarters, remove seeds and slice. Place in another container.
- Peel and slice the red onion, add it to the tomato container.
- Rinse beans and drain well. Chop parsley and add it to beans together with some olive oil. Give a good mix.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients together and give a good stir. Leave on the side until you are ready to eat the salad.
- Start plating by making a bed of the mixed lettuce, topped up with the tomatoes and onions, avocados and beans. Garnish with parsley and pour dressing all over.