For the cheesecake
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
- 10g gelatin sheets
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 300g lemon yogurt
- 200g cream cheese
- 100g sugar
- Juice of one lemon
For the lemon cream topping
- 100ml fresh orange juice
- 100ml fresh lemon juice
- 15g cornflour
- First we prepare the base. Line the base of a spring form cake tin with baking paper. Crush biscuits, melt butter and combine well. Place in cake tin and press down with the back of a spoon to make it level. Put in fridge for about 15 minutes.
In the meantime soak the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- Start whipping the fresh cream until it’s nice and thick.
In a separate bowl whisk the yogurt, cream cheese and sugar. Add the cream and whisk everything together.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and put in a small pan. Take out the gelatin from water (squeeze out excess water) and add it to pan. Put on a low heat just until gelatin is all melted. When ready, add to the cheese mixture and combine well.
- Take out base from fridge and pour in the filling. Put back in fridge for 3 hrs or 1hr in freezer if you’re tight with time.
- Preparing the topping – mix together with a whisker the orange juice, lemon juice and cornflour. Put on a medium heat and continue whisking until a nice thick cream is formed. Remove from heat and carry on whisking until it cools down.
- Take cheesecake out from fridge/freezer and pour the topping on top. Spread with the back of a spoon. Put back in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take out from fridge and pass a knife around the tin to be able to remove it and place cake on a serving plate.