Ingredients (serves 5 people):
- 5 Chicken legs
- 5 Medium-large potatoes, washed and sliced (leave skin on)
- 2 Chicken stock cubes with approx 1.5 ltrs of cold water
- 2 Medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled (do not slice)
- 5 Medium carrots, washed and roughly chopped (leave skin on)
- 1 Bouquet Garni or 1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs
- Salt & pepper
- Small pot
- Large oven proof dish
- Long serving spoon for basting
- Pre-heat oven on mark 7.
- Prepare a small pot with cold water, add the chicken stock cubes and heat until boiling, stirring as you go with a whisker.
- Prepare a large oven proof dish, add potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic. Add the bouquet garni or your mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper if you wish. Give all a gentle stir.
- Place chicken legs on top of the vegetable mix and pour the chicken stock all over.
- Place dish in oven and cook for 1hr15mins-1hrs30mins.
BASTING – To get a nice tender cooked chicken with a golden crusty skin, make sure you baste it. This is done every 20 mins throughout cooking time by pouring chicken juices from the dish all over the chicken legs so it can keep moist. Put the dish back in the oven. Watch how to do this in the video at 12:00.