Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Even first timers will be able to get it right with this foolproof recipe!
- 1kg roasting potatoes (we use Maris Piper), peeled and cut into quarters
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 tsp flour
- fresh thyme
- salt to serve
- large roasting tray
- large pot
- Put a large roasting tray in the oven and heat on gas mark 6.
- Drop potatoes into a large pot and pour enough water to barely cover them. Add salt, then wait for the water to boil, lower the heat and leave to simmer uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Put 100 ml olive oil into the hot roasting tray and heat int the oven for a few minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander then sake the colander back and forth a few times to fluff up the outsides. Sprinkle with 2 tsp flour and give another shake so they are evenly and thinly coated.
- Carefully put the potatoes into the hot oil – they will sizzle as they go in – then turn and roll them around so they are coated all over. Sprinkle thyme on top of your potatoes.
- Spread them in a single layer making sure they have plenty of room. Leave to roast for 15 minutes and turn them over for another 15 minutes.
- Put them back in the oven for another 10-20 minutes or until they get really golden and crisp.
- Scatter some salt and serve.