Full of flavour as well as fibre is this easy to make, VEGAN FRIENDLY chowder. Perfect for this cold weather or as a starter to your festive dinner!
Ingredients – Serves 8
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into small cubes
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 small green peppers, sliced
- 60 ml oil
- 1200 ml water
- 4 vegetable cubes
- 600 ml milk (for vegans substitute with soya milk)
- 400g canned butter beans
- 600g sweet corn kernels
- a good pinch of dried sage
- salt & pepper
- 1 large soup pot
- wooden spoon
- cutting knife
- 2 large containers, 1 for peelings and 1 for vegetables
- serving ladle
- small knife
- chopping board
- Start by chopping and slicing your vegetables, put all of them on the side in a large container.
- Put the pot an a high heat and add some oil. Add all vegetables to the pot and give them a good stir. Leave to cook for about 2-3 minutes uncovered.
- At this stage make sure you have got all of the other ingredients ready.
- Give the vegetables another stir, turn the heat down, cover the pot and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat up again and add the water and vegetable cubes. Give it a good stir and bring it to the boil. Turn the heat down, cover the pot and let the chowder simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn the heat up again and add the milk, beans, sweet corn and the dried sage. Give it all a good stir and bring it to the boil. Season and serve.