This super easy Banoffe Pie recipe is enjoyed all year round. Ingredients are easily found in your cupboard already so it is one of those desserts that comes together in no time at all! Preparation involves the crushing of the biscuits combined with melted butter so that it forms a smooth crusty base and the whipping of the cream to finish the pie nicely on top.
Ingredients – makes a 23cm loose base dish
- 200g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 65g caramel
- 2 ripe banana, sliced
- small bar of milk chocolate, half chopped roughly and half grated
- 300 ml double cream, whipped
- dash of vanilla essence
- 1 strawberry, sliced for garnish
- food processor
- 23cm loose base flan dish
- small mixing bowl
- Start by crushing the biscuits finely in the food processor. Leave a little bit of crushed biscuits on the side so you can use later on for garnish. Melt the butter in a small pan or heat proof jug on a low heat and combine with the crushed biscuits in a small mixing bowl.
- Transfer mixture onto the dish and spread it out evenly. With the back of a spoon press it down gently until a crusty base is formed. Put it in fridge for an hour to harden, if you’re in a hurry you can put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Take it out from fridge or freezer and spread the caramel evenly on top of the base with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Now make a layer of sliced banana on top of the caramel and scatter half of the chopped milk chocolate bar on top of the banana.
- Add a dash of vanilla essence to the double cream and whip in a food processor until it forms a stiff cream. Spread it out on top of the banana and chocolate.
- For garnish we use the crushed biscuits we left on the side, the other half of the milk chocolate grated and a strawberry in the middle. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge at least for an hour or until serving so it can settle.