Ingredients – Serves 3
- 1.5kg Fresh Mussels
- 1 large shallot/onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Parsley
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 300ml white Wine
- 300ml Double Cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- Lemon wedge/slice for garnish
- Clean and wash the mussels under running water, watch video at 00:58 to see how. Put them in a bowl.
- Prepare a medium pan on a high heat with lid on.
- Start chopping shallot, slice garlic and add them to the mussel bowl.
- Add fresh thyme, bay leave and wine to the bowl.
- By this time the pan is really hot so we can transfer mussels to the pan and cover it immediately. Leave to steam until all mussels are open.
- In the meantime, you can start chopping the parsley.
- When all mussels are open, add the butter, the cream and chopped parsley to the pan. Give it a gentle stir.
- Cover pan again and wait until the cream comes to a boil.
- Give it another gentle stir and plate.