For Short Pastry recipe click here
Ingredients for filling
- 2 tins of tuna fish
- 600g fresh spinach
- 3 anchovy fillets (you can leave out if you don’t like them)
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- 12 olives chopped and stoned
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- a little sea salt and freshly
- 1 beaten egg yolk (to brush the top pastry before going into oven)
- Deep large baking dish
- Wooden spoon
- Pastry brush
- Rolling pin
- Pre-heat oven on gas mark 6.
- Pour some olive oil in a deep large baking dish and put it in oven to heat up.
- When oil is piping hot, toss in the chopped onion and crushed garlic and bake till it’s gold.
- Throw in all the other ingredients ONE BY ONE, bake them until every vegetable is well baked in the fats. There should be no liquids left in the pan. Give a good stir every time yo take out dish to put in next ingredient.
- When ready, cool the mixture completely.
- Get the pastry ready by rolling it out and lining it in the bottom of another smaller oven dish. Add the cooled off mixture and press it down into the pastry case. Cover it with the pastry lid, seal the edges and prick all over with a fork. Decorate as you please and brush the surface with an egg yolk.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until it’s golden brown. Make sure it settles and eat it preferably at room temperature.