Ingredients – Serves 4
- 500g Linguine
- 140g Pancetta
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 eggs
- 60g Pecorino cheese
- 60g Parmesan cheese
- Crushed black pepper
- Dash sunflower oil
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare a pot with water, some sunflower oil and a pinch of salt. Cover the pot, bring it to a boil, add the linguine (make sure all pasta is simmered in water) and cover the pot again. When it starts to boil again, uncover, give a stir and leave uncovered.
- Prepare a frying pan and put it on a high heat.
- Peel garlic and leave as whole.
- Dice the pancetta in small cubes.
- Add both garlic and pancetta to the frying pan. DO NOT add oil to the pan as the pancetta has already got a lot of fat.
- Remove garlic from pan once it turns to a brown colour. Cook pancetta until crispy giving it a stir every now and then. Turn the hob off once nice and crispy.
- Lightly beat the eggs and leave them on the side for now.
- Grate the pecorino and parmesan cheese.
- Pasta should be ready by now. It should be ‘al dente’, firm to the bite. If you like it softer, you can remove the pot from hob and leave it covered until it is to your liking. Then drain when it’s ready.
- Add pasta, eggs and half amount of the cheeses to the pancetta pan. Grab a pair of tongs to give the pasta mix a good stir. Eggs should get cooked with the pasta heat whilst mixing all together (see video from 11:44).
- Finally add the rest of the cheeses and some crushed black pepper. Give it another good mix and serve!