Skip to content
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 500g Penne pasta
- 4 rashers Bacon
- 4 white Onions
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 20 button Mushrooms
- 230 ml cooking White wine
- 4 tbsp Double cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Grated Parmesan – optional
- Fresh Parsley
- Pinch of salt
- A medium pan
- A large non-stick frying pan
- Large spoon for mixing
- Large knife
- Chopping board
- Heat up a pan with water, oil and pinch of salt and bring to boil. At the same time heat up a frying pan too.
- Meanwhile start chopping your bacon, cubes or strips, choose your preference.
- When frying pan is well heated, add bacon and stir occasionally.
- Continue chopping your onions, garlic, mushrooms and parsley.
- Check boiling water, should be ready by now and add your penne.
- Add mushrooms, onions and garlic to the bacon and leave its liquids to evaporate.
- Once the bacon mixture becomes dry, add the wine and let it reduce by half.
- Once reduced, add the cream and give it a stir.
- By now the penne should be ready. Remove the water, strain it well and add it to the sauce.
- Add the parsley and give all a gentle stir.
- Once plated, sprinkle some Parmesan and enjoy!