Ingredients – Serves 2
- 250g Penne pasta
- 2 rashers Bacon
- 2 white Onions
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 9 button Mushrooms
- 115 ml cooking White wine
- 2 tbsp Double cream
- 1tbsp Butter
- Parmesan shavings
- Fresh Parsley
- Bring to a boil a pan with water, olive oil and salt and at the same time heat up a frying pan.
- Meanwhile start chopping your bacon, cubes or strips choose your preference.
- When frying pan is well heated, add bacon and stir occasionally.
- Continue chopping your onions, garlic, mushrooms and parsley.
- Check boiling water, should be ready by now and add your penne.
- Add mushrooms, onions and garlic to the bacon and leave its liquids to evaporate.
- Once the bacon mixture becomes dry, add the wine and let it reduce by half.
- Once reduced, add the cream and give it a stir.
- By now the past should be ready. Remove the water, strain it well and add it to the sauce.
- Add the parsley and give all a gentle stir.
- Once plated, sprinkle some Parmesan shavings and enjoy!