This fresh salmon recipe demonstrates how to perfectly oven-bake the salmon in no time at all! Literally, in minutes you will have a nice healthy lunch or dinner, wheather just for yourself or the whole family. Salmon is accompanied by a homemade creamy leek sauce which goes very well with this particular dish.
Ingredients – Serves 3
- 3 Salmon fillets, with skin on if you prefer
- 160ml Double cream
- 1 Leek
- Dash Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Oven tray
- Non-stick pan
- Large knife
- Wooden spoon
- Baking paper
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 5.
- Prepare a lined oven tray and score the salmon (watch video at 1:29 to see how) so it cooks even a quicker. Place them on the tray, skin side up. Add some olive oil, salt & pepper and straight into oven.
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan on medium to high heat. Slice the leek length-wise for 2 times, as if making a cross. This will make it spread out and easier to wash thoroughly. Dice the leek, add some oil to the pan and place in pan until softened.
- Add butter and give it a stir until all melted.
- Add double cream and stir until all is combined well. Season with salt if you wish. Bring to the boil and leave it to simmer for a minute or two.
- By this time salmon is ready. Take out of the oven. If you prefer it to be cooked more, just give it a few more minutes until it feels tough when gently pressing it.
- Plate and eat – bon appetite!
Tip: This recipe can be enhanced with some mashed potatoes, crushed potatoes, fresh salad or your favourite veggies.