Ingredients – Serves 4
- 75g Cucumber
- 6 Spring Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 4 Radishes
- 75g Lettuce (we used Romaine)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Mint
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove
- 150ml natural Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by roughly tearing the lettuce into chunky pieces with your hands. Watch video at 00:20 to see how. Place it in a large mixing bowl and fill with cold water to wash thoroughly. Leave it on the side for now.
- Peel the outer leaf of the spring onions, take the ends and heads off and slice them. Place them in a large plastic container on the side.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove its eye, quarter them, deseed and slice. Watch the video at 4:08 to see an easy way how to deseed tomatoes. Add to the spring onion container.
- Wash the peppers, slice a portion of each pepper and remove its fat and slice. Watch the video at 6:04 to see how to remove the fat. Add them to the plastic container.
- Half the celery cut them into strips and give them a wash. Add to container.
- Remove the end of the cucumber, half it, quarter it and cut into strips. Add to container.
- Wash thoroughly the radishes, chop off the end pits and quarter them. Add to container.
- Wash the mint and give it a quick rough chop. Leave on chopping board for now.
- You can drain the lettuce now and leave it in the colander so it can drain properly.
- In the meantime we can start preparing the dressing.
Dressing – Prepare a small bowl and add yogurt, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and garlic very finely chopped. Give it a whisk and dressing is done.
11. Put the drained lettuce into a large serving bowl and add some dressing. Give it a mix with your hands and plate. Add more dressing to it and the rest of the ingredients on top. Add more dressing and sprinkle the salad with chopped mint.