This chocolate tart is literally To Die For! Step-by-step method how to make the perfect chocolate tart. We use a blind baked sweet pastry crust, a mixture of melted dark chocolate, evaporated milk and cream which gives this chocolate tart recipe an incredible taste and texture.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 500g dark cocolate, at least 64% cocoa solids
- 3 eggs
- 150ml single cream
- 2x170g evaporated milk
- 200g Baked-blind sweet short crust pastry
- Icing sugar to decorate
- Loose-bottom flan ring, 25cm
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium bowl (for melting chocolate)
- Medium pot (for bain marie)
- Rolling pin
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4.
- You should have your baked-blind pastry ready to use. Click here for sweet pastry recipe and here for baking blind method.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a china bowl. Set over a pan of boiling water and let it melt slowly on a very low heat. Cover and leave to melt for 5 minutes, then take it off the heat and stir.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl.
- Pour the cream and evaporated milk into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour this onto the eggs and whisk together.
- Strain the milk and egg mixture over the chocolate. Transfer the mixture to a bigger bowl and mix well.
- Pour this into the blind-baked tart case.
- Place the tart in the oven. Shut the door and immediately turn the oven off. Leave the tart in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Sprinkle some icing sugar and some chocolate curls (optional).
- Serve in thin slices.