Even though the weather is getting cooler, there is always an appetite for a healthy colourful salad. Being it the main dish or a side salad, it can be enjoyed at anytime of the day!
- a bunch of fresh mixed lettuce leaves, we used a mix of rocket and purple leaf lettuce
- half an avocado, stoned and sliced
- 1 fresh fig, peeled and quartered
- 1 fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese, drained well and sliced
- drizzle of manuka honey dressing (see below for recipe)
- some pomegranate seeds
- Salad bowl
- Small bowl for dressing
Simply set the base of the salad with your lettuce and spread the other ingredients all over, finishing with a drizzle of the manuka honey dressing and scattered pomegranate seeds. You can also add some sunflower seeds for more nutritional value.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons manuka honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tsp lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp dried mustard
- salt and pepper