- 750ml bottle of dry red wine
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 2-4 tbsp sugar, honey or maple syrup
- Medium sized pan
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized pan and heat just barely to a simmer over medium-high heat. Be careful not to boil the wine as you don’t want to boil off the alcohol.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let the wine simmer for at least 15 mins or up to 3 hrs.
- Strain and serve warm!
One thought on “Homemade Mulled Wine”
Pingback: A Very Merry Christmas to all of you 💖 – robandjas