We never have enough of this sauce! The more the merrier, bring it on!!
- 25g butter
- small shallot, quartered
- 6 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 600ml milk
- 100g brown bread, cut into squares
- 150ml double cream
- half a tsp nutmeg
- wooden spoon
- In a saucepan melt the butter, add shallots, cloves and bay leaves.
- Pour milk and partially cover the saucepan let it simmer for 10 mins on low heat.
- Remove the cloves, shallots and bay leaves. Add the bread and cream and stir well.
- Add nutmeg and let it cook for 5 mins or until all bread is ‘melted’ and forms a nice thick sauce.
3 thoughts on “Homemade Bread Sauce”
Pingback: Preparing a Traditional Christmas Dinner – Cooking Turkey and Gravy – robandjas
Pingback: Homemade Cranberry Sauce – robandjas
Pingback: A Very Merry Christmas to all of you 💖 – robandjas