Easy almond biscuits recipe. Crusty on the outside, soft from the inside. You will have these almond biscuits ready in no time. We mixed pure ground almond, icing sugar and egg whites to form a nice smooth dough. We then rolled into small balls, decorated with a whole almond on top and baked lightly for 20 minutes.
- 300g pure ground almonds
- 240g icing sugar
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- Almond essence, measure one tap
- Handful of whole almonds
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Large baking tray
- Greaseproof paper or rice paper
- Mix the ground almonds, icing sugar and almond essence in a large bowl.
- Add the egg whites little by little, stirring well. When all egg whites are used, switch to mixing with your hands. Continue to bring all ingredients together until a ‘dough’ forms nicely. You will think that it is going to be a dry dough but do not worry, continue to combine until all ingredients are scraped from the bowl.
- Transfer onto the worktop and give it a gentle knead so you have a smoother dough.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or rice paper (we used greaseproof) Start taking pieces out of the dough and form into little balls with the palms of your hands. Place onto the lined baking tray.
- Place one whole almond on each of the ball, pressing down gently.
- Bake in oven 170C/gas mark 3-4 for around 15-20 minutes or until you see them getting a little brown. DO NOT let them over cook as they will harden and will not be pleasant to eat!
- You will notice they are still soft to the touch, it is how they should be. Once you take them out of the oven, leave them to set for around 30 minutes before taking the first bite. You will give them time to get a harder crust and a soft inside.
4 thoughts on “Almond Biscuits – Pastini tal-Lewz”
Thanks . I will try.
Let us know the result Louise 😊
Thanks…I will surely try and give feedback
Thank you Gemma!